Monday, May 23, 2011

Blog Post 4

Video: I included a video on my blog that addresses how technology is positively used in the classroom. I felt by adding this video, my viewers would be able to see another opinion on the topic being discussed as well as have a visual aid to connect technology to the classroom.

ClustrMaps: I wanted to have a visitor map on my blog that showed the different areas people lived in who were viewing my blog. I choose to have this for personal interest as well as make inferences about our nation’s education system across the country. If viewers from a particular part of the country or world were agreeing or disagreeing with my posts, one could conclude that they experienced similar styles of education or desired change in how they were taught.

Blog List: Another gadget that I used on my blog was the “blog list” feature. I provided three links to other blogs that focused on the use of technology in the classroom and the digital divide. Not only was the content relevant to the material on my blog but it also serves as a way to write about new ideas and stay informed with issues in the Ed Tech world.

Polls: I used a poll on my blog to ask the question, “Should technology be used at all grade levels” to gauge how my viewers felt about computer, Smartboard, and clicker use in the schools. I felt by incorporating this component viewers could interact with my blog and think about their own experiences with technology in schools.

Picture: The picture I put at the bottom of my blog was used as a quick way to let my readers know what the blog is about. By placing the picture towards the end of the page, it serves as a nice visual to bring the blog together.

Links: Over the course of the term I have come across a few links that have discussed how technology has changed our society and education system. I thought it would be a helpful way to let my viewers read more and see what articles I have found beneficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment